1A. Can I have a friend or family member pick up my packet for me?
- Yes, send an e-mail to email@example.com for further instructions.
- No packets or t-shirts will be mailed out before or after the race.
- There is NO RACE MORNING packet pick up.
**The e-registration card will be emailed out the week before the race. This e-registration card is different from your registration confirmation email.
1B. My e-registration is not working or I did not get an email at all?
- Emails were sent to the address that we have in our system when you originally registered for the event.
- Check your spam filter(s). If that does not work, then:
- DON'T PANIC! Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and and we will point you to a link that should help as well as another option for us to help you one-on-one once you provide us with some personal info.
- If you are still unable to print your e-registration, DON'T PANIC! We will have volunteers who will help you at our Expo print stations.
- In most cases, information is simply mistyped in our system. It must be an EXACT MATCH to work. You would be surprised how many people register themselves with a work zip code instead of home or a child's birthday instead of their own.
1C. Can I register for a race at the expo?
- We have spots available in the full marathon, team relay, 5K, kids fun run, and half-marathon left.
- Shirt sizes will be limited for these late registrants.
- You can ONLY register for these spots in person at the expo.
- NO GUARANTEES but if you would like to come to the registration booth at the expo in the Downtown Marriott there will be a $20 late registration charge.
1D. It is Wed., Thurs., or Fri. of race week and I have a question but no one is answering the phone?
- Our entire staff goes on-site on Wednesday to prepare for the expo and race weekend so no one is in the main office. Answers to most questions can be found in the Runner's Handbook found on the homepage (It's a big file so be patient while it loads).
- If you can't find the answer in the handbook or website, Facebook is the next best resource. We have an awesome community of past participants who are great at answering questions. Or search some old posts to see if your question has already been addressed.
- If none of those locations work, you can email email@example.com. We will have only limited access to email until the expo gets set up so response may be slow, at off hours or not at all.
- All questions can be answered by a friendly staff person at the expo during expo hours. Once the expo opens on Saturday, this is the best (and sometimes only) way to get a reply to any question.
- Thanks in advance for understanding this situation.
2. Where is the Expo? What are the hours?
- West Hall – Oakland Marriott City Center
- Saturday, March 22nd 9-5pm
- There are directions to the expo under “Expo & Packet Pickup”
- You can also pick up your bib at the Sports Authority located at 233 Winston Dr in San Fran from 12-8pm Thursday March 20th. Runners will be able to pick up their bibs here and then recieve their shirts on race day at the finish line. Runners who pick up at this Sports Authority will also recieve 15% off their entire in store purchase!
3. What are the start times for each race? Where does each race start?
a. Full Marathon and Team Relay
- Start Line: 19th and Harrison
- Start Time: 7:30am
b. Half Marathon
- Start Line: 19th and Harrison
- Start Time: 9:15am
- Start Line: 19th and Harrison
- Start Time: 7:45am
d. Kids Fun Run
- Start Area: All kids will meet in the Kids fun zone and then will be walked to the starting line.
- Start Time: Kids will meet at 9:00am and start at 9:20am
4. Can I upgrade or downgrade my race distance?
- Yes you can change races by coming to the registration desk at the Health and Fitness Expo. To upgrade you will need to pay the price difference for the race. There are no refunds for downgrades. We accept changes until March 14th or at the expo until the race sells out.
7. I cannot make the race this year; can I get a refund or transfer my race entry to another participant?
- No, unfortunately we do not allow transfers or refunds.
No Transfers, under any circumstances. If race officials determine this takes place, the runner’s time will be DQ’d and both runners will be banned from all Corrigan Sports running events. ALL legitimate races have this policy, and it has to do with age group awards and potential medical implications.
8. I cannot make the race this year; can I defer my entry until 2014?
- No the deadline for deferments was March 14th we are no longer accepting any.
9. I have a team in the Team Relay, and one of the members can no longer participate, Can I replace them with another person?
- Yes, please have someone from your team come to the registration desk at the Health and Fitness Expo to make the change
10. Can I have my race bib and shirt mailed to me?
- NO, we do not send out any race bibs or shirts.
11. I cannot make the race, but I would still like to receive my premium item.
- You can receive your premium item if you come to Health & Fitness Expo. Premium items will not be sent before or after the race.
12. Can I change information (address, email, name, age, etc.) on my registration?
- Please come to the registratin desk at the Health and Fitness Expo to make the change
14. I have not received a confirmation email, how can I make sure I am registered?
- Click Here to see if you are registered you can then request a new confirmation email. If you still do not see your name please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting confirmation of your registration.
16. Can I wear headphones during the race?
- The use of personal music devices is strongly discouraged at this race. To enjoy all that our race has to offer and for the safety of all participants, the Oakland Running Festival encourages a headphone-free environment during the running of the event
We believe your race experience and those around you will be greatly enhanced by leaving the headphones at home or in the car. Running headphone-free allows opportunities to develop camaraderie with your fellow runners and to enjoy everything the race has to offer. Plus, volunteers and spectators will be on course cheering you on and providing directions to help get you to the finish line.
Runner safety has always been, and will continue to be, a top priority for our event. Please be mindful of the other participants and respect the race personnel to ensure a safe and enjoyable race for everyone. If wearing an IPod or other audio device results in you being unable to hear verbal instructions or commands; approaching vehicles or course marshals on foot or on bicycles, you may be asked to relinquish the device.
Please note that those competing in the Oakland Running Festival for awards or prize money may not use such devices and will not be eligible for any prize or money, including any of the trips to Hawaii. In this scenario, the money and/or prize will be given to the next eligible runner. But the runner who violated the policy will still maintain their position in the race and award. Policy does not apply to age group awards.
18. Where do I park?
Douglas Parking will open the following lots free of charge on race day. However due to the race routes, the following lots will not be accessible from 7:30 to 8:45 until the runners pass.
o 1810 Webster
o 1415 Harrison St.
o 17th and Webster
o 1405 Franklin St.
o 15th & Harrison
o 2301 Webster St.
o 1414 Harrison St.
To access the above lots it is suggested that you take 980 to the 12th
Street Exit, make a left on 11th OR take the Broadway exit off of 880
The following lots will be open all day:
o Kaiser Center* (A $5 parking fee will be charged in this lot only)
o 20th and Webster
o 21st and Broadway
o 80 Grand Lot
Get there early to avoid unnecessary delays!
19. Can I take public transportation?
BART RAPID TRANSIT (Service does not begin until 8 am on Sunday- will only benefit the Half-Marathon particpants )
The 19th Street/City Center Station is 3 blocks from the Start/Finish Line. (Price varies depending on where you board) We STRONGLY encourage our half-marathon runners and late arriving spectators to take BART as the street closures from the races may impede travel routes. If you choose to drive, please arrive prior to the start of the marathon at 7:30am.
BART Schedule and map details at http://www.bart.gov/
Free and metered street parking is also available. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO LOOK FOR TEMPORARY STREET CLOSINGS THAT MAY BE POSTED DUE TO THE RACE ROUTES.
20. When will I get my age group award?
21. My time is incorrect, who can I contact?
A few more answers to your pressing questions.
I love the postrace beer and wine, but why not have locally made products instead of national brands?
We would love to have them too, but unfortunately the volume we need on race day is too much for the local brewers and as a result you would have only one day a year to drink your favorite beverage instead of 365.
The website listed a bunch of bands on the course but when I was out there I didn't see that many, what happened?
Rain and instraments don't mix and with the forecast calling for rain all day Sunday, some of them wanted to save their instraments for later gigs. We know it didn't rain on race day but the forecast was never 100% clear.
My gps says I ran more than the distance I signed up for. Was the course too long?
Our courses are certified by a USAT&F certified measurer. When he rides the course, he measure it as tight as possible and where you may make a right angle turn, he goes at a diagnal. Also, most GPS models use satellites to calculate the distance and sometimes trees and buildings can get in the way.
I ran the two practice training runs amd while I enjoyed them, I was disappointed in the course markings and water stations.
Course markings are tough based on the number of turns. We did this the first year and people still struggled to find them in the street. Hence, we handed out turn by turn directions the last two years. We have already decided to hand over the reins to the water stations next year to a group that make sure you enjoy the experience.