Register online for the Oakland Running Festival runner tracking services, beginning Tuesday, March 28 at 12 noon through Saturday, April 1 at 11:59pm (PT).
Use this helpful information to track your favorite runners, and to reunite with loved ones in the Celebration Village. The message will provide the runner’s time, pace and expected finish time.
You will be able to receive tracking messages on your mobile phone via text messaging*, or have posts placed on your facebook accounts.
Alerts are triggered when each runner’s individual timing chip crosses a timing mat that is part of the runner tracking system.
By tracking a runner, you will receive the following messages:
- Full Marathon: Mile 13.1, Mile 19.5, Finish
- Half-Marathon: Mile 6.5, Finish
- Relay: End of each relay leg
- 5K: Finish
HOW TO REGISTER:
(Tracking registration Opens on Mar. 28 at 12 noon)
1. To register for notifications (SMS*, Email, Facebook) please go to the link below.
2. For each athlete you want to track, click the add notification button, then enter their name or bib number, (relay teams can enter any of the team members names and track the entire team) then click the checkbox for the type of notification you wish to receive.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Although the form looks like a credit card is needed, NO PAYMENT IS NECESSARY. You are not asked to enter any form of payment to track a runner. However you are required to enter your name, email and address information to track a runner.
Tracking database is updated once per day. If the runner you want to track, it NOT listed, please check back the following day as it may not be updated yet. Thank you in advance.
*Note: Standard text messaging/data rates may apply.